Looking for a guide to move QuickBooks online data files to desktop? If yes, then your search ends with this post. Many times, QuickBooks online users for some reason want to move company files from online to QuickBooks desktop. This involves a couple of simple steps, which will be discussed later in this post. Thus, make sure that you read this post carefully till the end. Or an alternate for the same can be to get in touch with a team of professionals and QuickBooks experts, as trying this on your own might risk the essential data.
Steps to move QuickBooks online data files to desktop
The user can carry out the below steps in order to convert the company file to desktop from online.
- The very first step is to run the internet explorer and then run QuickBooks desktop as admin
- And then, turn off the protected mode from the internet option and then add intuit.com. Also note that close and reopen internet explorer for protected mode to be truly disabled
- Select the gear icon and also under the tools tab choose export data
- After that, select the reason from the pop-up window and click on continue
- Under moving to QuickBooks desktop, the user will have to choose the learn more option
- The user needs to review the export overview and then select get started tab
- Now, select install for ActiveX control and also choose install ActiveX control now to confirm the installation
- The user will then have to choose continue after the installation ends
- Select the data that has to be exported and choose continue
- After that, the user is required to enter all the contact information and then choose continue tab
- The user needs to repeat the sixth step and carry out the prompts till the time the user reaches the screen that shows the next step
- Now, select the preferred option and choose continue option
- Also, click on download option
- A pop-up window will appear asking where the user would like to save the file and then select convert now option
- Also, select yes
- And then select continue and then select done
- The last step is to select finished and then run reports to confirm that the data is successfully converted
Steps to set up QuickBooks remote access
- To begin with, the user needs to sign up for QuickBooks remote access on the Intuit website.
- The next step is that the user is required to launch a web browser on the system, from which the user is accessing QuickBooks remotely and log into the account on the QuickBooks remote access website.
- After that, the user needs to click on the set up computer, in order to download the remote access tool installation file. After that, the user will have to move to the downloaded file to double click the same.
- Now, the user is required to enter the system name in the nickname field and then hit next.
- Now the user is supposed to check mark next to the options.
- The next step is to place a checkmark next to the applications to access the remotely on this system. The options can be selected as per the requirement and then hit next.
- The last step is to check the box for authentication option to use. The user can also opt for a passcode or make use of the phone number.
See Also: QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
We expect that you now might be well versed with the process to move QuickBooks online data files to desktop. However, if you are facing any difficulty or in case of any query, feel free to contact our QuickBooks professionals at any point of time. Make a call at our QuickBooks toll-free customer support number+1-844-521-0490, and leave the rest on our QuickBooks support team.
Here is Dymoblog